January 07, 2012

Form 4361--What Taxes are Made Exempt?


If a minister is "tax exempt" by being approved on the IRS tax form 4361, does that mean he doesn't pay Federal, State or Social Security?


No, Form 4361 only exempts a minister's self-employment income from SE tax normally reported and calculated on Schedule SE, Form 1040.