Here at MinistryCPA, we recognize that many churches rely on volunteers and/or part-time treasurers and financial secretaries. With this in mind, we seek to come alongside ministries in providing the much-needed support to ensure that they are operating in a manner that is both compliant with governing authorities and taking advantage of opportunities for improved stewardship of ministry and employer financial resources. Please consider this brief checklist to determine if your ministry needs to look further into areas that could be classified as “We don’t know if we are compliant.”
Please check all compliance requirements that are currently being met:
- File quarterly Form 941 or annual Form 944 with the IRS
- Issue Forms W-2 to all employees and File Forms W-2/ W-3 with SSA
- Ministerial Housing Allowance is only listed in box 14 of the Form W-2 – it is not included in box 1
- Obtain Form W-9 from all individuals/businesses that are paid the cumulative total of $600 or more in the year for services rendered
- Issue Forms 1099-NEC and 1099-Misc and file them with the IRS by January 31st
- Provide charitable giving statements with the appropriate IRS verbiage
If you were able to mark all the above, you are likely keeping up to date on reporting requirements. If you were not able to select all the items above or if you thought of another question for which you would like clarification, please contact our office. We truly count it a privilege to assist you.
At MinistryCPA, we have the
At MinistryCPA, we have theprivilege to assist ministries across the country with compensation questions, QuickBooks and Aplos training and support, payroll reporting, and many other items.